Monday, March 23, 2015

January 19, 2014-Life Changes

I have had a half school year in our new school and I can say thus far it is bitter sweet. I do not want to complain about the change because it is a wonderful facility and the opportunities far outweigh the changes. There are times though when i already miss teaching in our old, worn out, building because it was familiar and comfortable. This has been a struggle for me both outwardly and inwardly.
- What it has led me to is the realization that it is the change that I fear...Getting out of tried and true routines and habits...Finding new direction and opportunities.

Change here on earth is inevitable. If nothing else, the people change in any earthly event or place. Our lives are full of change and we adapt, sometimes well and sometimes poorly to these changes.

Faith and fellowship in church has the same trials when we face change.
-We will have a fairly decent sized make-over beginning after this week and we will all face that change as our sanctuary evolves into its new decor.

But there is something behind change that I know I often fail to see at first, and that is God's hand in guiding me through it if I allow him to. God uses changes in our lives and habits to help us grow and change, to bring us closer to him.
- Changes can be scary but we should always remember that through prayer and meditation with God, He will guide us to where we need to be.

Change may come to you as an opportunity for service or through worship. As elders we have prayed over and discussed possible ways to change worship at Macedonia to better serve all who faithfully attend now and those who will attend as our church family changes.
- Several changes have been implemented already and we believe they have, for the most part, been positive changes that have led many closer to God in their walk in life.

In your own walk, have you explored change?
Have you opened yourself up to God's guiding hand?
Have you prayed and meditated over changes you wish to see happen or have experienced?
Jesus Christ came to this world to relieve us from the burden of sin. Have you changed in any way to either accept Him as Savior or live your life through Him?


There are many examples of change throughout the bible and how people have responded to it. One of the greatest examples of this is the change of Saul into the Apostle Paul after meeting and accepting Jesus. In Phillipians 3:7-11 Paul speaks about his former life compared to his life after knowing and gaining faith in Christ...

I once thought these things were valuable, but now I consider them worthless because of what Christ has done. Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ and become one with him. I no longer count on my own righteousness through obeying the law; rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ. For God’s way of making us right with himself depends on faith. I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead. I want to suffer with him, sharing in his death, so that one way or another I will experience the resurrection from the dead! (Philippians 3:7-11 NLT)

As we see change occurring in our lives, let's turn to God. As we see changes that others experience, let's turn to God. As we see changes around us at Macedonia, let's turn to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment