Tuesday, May 31, 2016

May 8, 2016 - Preparation



I had the honor of attending my nephew's graduation from the University of Alabama this weekend. It was a long ceremony and as I watched each graduate come forward to receive their accolades, I reflected upon many things. For example;

I remembered my own graduation ceremonies and others of those close to me.
I thought of the pride in the heart of myself and others who watch these events.
I thought of the love and sacrifices necessary to make these things happen.
I thought of the many hours of study and concentration to learn the many things graduates now carry with them.
And most importantly I reflected upon how God prepares us for all of the things we experience in our lifetimes.

We, as believers, walk the same path. But God in His glory has found a way to make a single path diverge into a path leading billions of different directions. Each of us following the single unique pathway of our individual lives.

Preparation is provided to us in obvious ways as these graduates were now celebrating. But often, and I know he does this all of the time in my life, God prepares us in ways we may not even perceive.

Preparation is a common theme in the bible. God has made it obvious through scripture that he prepares us for what is to come. We need to trust in Him and receive His guidance, even if it may seem confusing some times.

Preparation is placed into our hearts for all of the good and the bad experiences we will have in our lifetime. We sometimes wonder, as Jesus did on the cross, if God has abandoned us at some of our most needy moments. 

From Matthew 27:46; and about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" My God my God, why has thou forsaken me?"

There are many references yo His presence and guidance when we need reassurance;
Psalm 22 verse 11; Be not far from me for trouble is near; for their is none to help

Matthew 28:20; I am with you always , even unto the end of the world.

Often, if we look carefully and reflectively, we find that he has been there all of the time and has made us stronger in some way through our struggle.

We should all be sure to open our hearts to all possibilities and see these times as preparation for something much greater that might be right down the road from where we are right now.

This table is part of our preparation, for this time, this day. As we partake of these elements let us remember how he works in our hearts when we let him and give thanks  for all he has done to prepare us for our walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment